JD – Technical Manager (Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence)
The Technical Manager – Data Warehouse & BI leads a cross-functional group of direct reports in the practice of Business Intelligence and Data Management. The primary responsibility of the Technical Manager – DWH and BI is to execute enterprise analytics data engineering strategy. S/he serves as the point of contact between IT, and various business units in the construction, enhancement, and ongoing maintenance of the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Hire, manage, coach and lead the Enterprise Data Warehouse function, a team of Business Intelligence Engineers, and Data Engineers.
- Understands business requirements and needs of the product stake owners and define the data elements and data structure that the team should leverage to enable analytical capabilities.
- Works with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Familiar with projects related to data storage and transformation solutions: data warehousing, enterprise system data architecture, data processing, data management, and data analysis.
- Participates in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Works with Data engineering, Software development teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
- Supports senior leaders as a liaison between business units and business intelligence.
- Coordinates business and technical groups to deliver data warehouse and business intelligence capabilities.
- Defines and executes a strategic plan and vision for data warehousing and business intelligence that aligns with business strategy and vision.
- Sets standards for technology and business processes and manage to those standards.
- Scope of responsibility includes data warehousing, data modeling, development, and application ownership for all Corporate BI &
The Sr. Datawarehouse & BI Engineer supervises six (6) staff:
- Analysts (BI)
- ETL Engineers
- Solutions Architects (Data Warehouse)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or closely related discipline – Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology leadership, system design, and application development.
- At least 3+ years of experience managing data related technology implementations projects (e.g., Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, )
- 5+ years of experience in leading (People Management experience) Data Warehouse & BI
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the technology fields such as Development, Database and/or Data Warehousing, and Data Processing
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Strong technical skills/Data analytics
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Judgmental and decision-making skills
- Leadership and communication